Meet Dr. Myron Guymon
I have a deep and genuine interest in providing quality orthodontic care to each and every one of my patients and I truly enjoy interacting with them. I find it very rewarding to be able to improve the functionality of a person’s smile while at the same time increasing their confidence and self-esteem. In order to be the best orthodontist possible, I’ve made sure to receive the finest education and hands-on training and stay current with all that modern orthodontics has to offer.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – Brigham Young University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Baylor College of Dentistry
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon- Honor Society
- AAO Student Award- Outstanding Student Award
- Orthodontic Residency – Baylor University College of Dentistry
- Master’s Degree in Craniofacial Biology – Baylor College of Dentistry
- Diplomate American Board of Orthodontics
I am active in several continuing education dental and orthodontic study clubs to keep on the forefront of technological advancements in my field. I am also fortunate enough to be a guest presenter for many dental, orthodontic, and assisting programs across the country. Staying on the cutting-edge of orthodontics has afforded me the opportunity to publish an article in the Journal of Adult Orthodontics and Orthognathics and Orthodontic Digest Journal, in addition to lecturing at Baylor College of Dentistry, Utah State University, Bridgerland Applied Technology College, and the Utah Dental Assistant Association.
I have been active in organized dentistry my whole career, serving on the Boards and as President of the Utah Association of Orthodontists and the Rocky Mountain Society of Orthodontists. In the past have served as the chairman of the American Association of Orthodontists Council on Communication, where I was active in the National Public Awareness Campaign and appeared on several AAO Public Service Announcements and live television on behalf of the Association. My additional affiliations include:
- American Dental Association
- Utah Dental Association
- First District Dental Society
- Northern Utah Orthodontic Study Club
- Bridgerland Dental Study Club
- World Federation of Orthodontists, Fellow
Outside the Office
I live in Logan, Utah with my wife, Melinda, our two children, Chris and Beth, four horses, two cats, a dog named Banjo, and a couple of old Ford Mustangs. An avid outdoorsman, I have experience in primitive land survival, small boat piloting, horse packing and wilderness orienteering, and skeet shooting.